I haven't posted anything in a very long time. I can blame it on all sorts of things - I've been busy, I've been uninspired, I've been a plain 'ole slacker. But, today, I got a hankering to post something and, voila, life granted me a great opportunity! The men who read this may not understand it at the end. In fact, some of the women who read this may not understand it either. But, here it goes anyway:
I went jogging around the Rose Bowl today and, after I finished, I decided to stop at the grocery store for some fruits, veggies, and yogurt. I visited the broccoli, the yogurt, the grapes, the apples, and then I went to the checkout counter. I had taken my car key off my key ring so that I wouldn't have to carry the whole thing while running and I hadn't put it back on yet. So, I looked at my key and said, "Hmm...what should I do with this so I don't lose it?" That's the last thing I remember. After I checked out (thank God I knew where my ID and credit card were!), I looked everywhere - in my grocery bags, on the floor, around the bagging area...the key was nowhere to be found. A couple of employees noticed my search and offered to help. We scoured the store - I went back to all of the places I'd visited while shopping. I moved at least 30 bags of grapes, hoping the key had fallen underneath one of them. I moved broccoli. I moved yogurt. I did this all....twice. No luck. Just when I was saying to myself (and the four other people helping me), "Well, I guess that's why we make extra keys", one of my fellow search-and-rescue team members said, "Are you sure it's not in your pockets?" "No, these pants don't have pockets." (Side note: who makes running shorts without pockets?! Target, apparently). "What about up here," he motions to his shoulders, clearly looking at my cleavage. "No way, I couldn't poss...." Darn if he wasn't right! My key was in my bra on side (no, not down the center but it really doesn't make a difference). He turned a nice shade of red while I gave him a huge hug.
I know he'll tell that story to at least twenty people today. Heck, we told ten people while I was still there! At least I brought some humor to an otherwise uneventful Tuesday.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Ah, the joys of being a woman and forgetful at the same time
Posted by Jen at 12:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That makes me feel better about everything I lose :) Unfortunately, the moral of the story doesn't really apply to me... darn!
Post a Comment