Jeff and I have finally put the air mattress away and now have a proper bed in which to sleep! Yay! The movers brought our belongings here yesterday, in the pouring rain :( We spent 7 hours moving stuff in, then we left for a short lunch/dinner (we needed to get away from all the boxes), and then we spent another 3.5 hours continuing to unpack. We still have SO much to do!!! I must say, it's nice having our things here (I really missed the water kettle, my desk, and definitely the bed, among other things) but it's also a pain in the butt having to find places for everything. Luckily, Jeff is going to take his professional books to work and we're going to use the storage area in our carport for some extraneous items but it's still a lot of stuff! I'm hoping we can get it all taken care of by next weekend but I'll be ok if it takes us a little longer. The one nice thing about moving is that it feels like Christmas; you forget about all those things you really like until you find them in a box and you think, "Oh my gosh, I love this [insert object here]!" Definitely one of the cheaper 'Christmases' we'll ever have :)
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment